Monday, January 11, 2010

When The Man Comes Around


Greetings, football fans. Who will win the match-up betwixt the Dallas Cowboys and the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday? My son will be happy with the former, my hubby the latter...especially in light of the hard loss of the Packers in the last seconds of their last game. So, because he is still a Favre fan, the Vikings/Cowboys game will make them both happy, methinks. Me, I'm interested in the outcome of the other game, namely San Diego Chargers vs. New York Jets. Of course I'll be cheering for the Chargers...go Rivers! Go LT!!! and all you other guys...exciting. Lovin' that this wknd there are absolutely NO obligations and if I wanna sit around in my gotch and scratch myself an' watch football on Sunday, well...I can. And who's gonna stop me? Hah!

Johnny Cash - when the man comes around. I really miss Johnny Cash. I used to listen to him all the time, the past few years...and then I kinda stopped. My interest in Johnny Cash was resurrected in '05 with the movie "Walk the Line"...which I thought was an awesome movie and yes, I've watched it a zillion times! I've read the books, listened to the songs...go ahead, ask me ANYthing about Johnny Cash and I could probably answer it.

Some Johnny Cash quotes:
“How well I have learned that there is no fence to sit on between heaven and hell. There is a deep, wide gulf, a chasm, and in that chasm is no place for any man.”
“Welcome to New York, now go the fuck home.” (I think my niece saw this on a t-shirt in NY...love it :-)

this is my fave JC pic...ever

“Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight.”
“You've got to know your limitations. I don't know what your limitations are. I found out what mine were when I was twelve. I found out that there weren't too many limitations, if I did it my way.”

So, I have been listening to JC's American IV album a lot lately, The Man Comes Around. It's good...my only complaint is that on some of the songs, June joins in in the background and I swear to God, it sounds like some sick cow wandered into the recording studio. This would have been very soon before she passed away, so sorry, June but you could never sing. Don't get me wrong, she was a good person and I liked her but...she could never sing. Reese Witherspoon,now SHE can sing...she sang way better in the movie than June ever did.

Anywho, that's about it for today. Go Chargers!!! Go Cowboys!!! Go Vikings!!! I'll cheer for whoever I want, thank you very much, so shut up and have a nice wknd.

CFM

No comments:

Post a Comment