Friday, January 1, 2010

Merry New Year!!

So, football fans, it is 2010 and what are YOUR resolutions?

I resolve to be more organized, for starters. And de-crap our house of clutter, lots in the basement and elsewhere. And get son A's room in the basement finished, so his room can become Granddaughter S's room. We already have the bedding and wall art for her new room...Disney Princesses of course. And a cool lamp. Have been buying stuff as we see it, for both rooms actually. Have a new corner desk (black & glass) for A's room, an ottoman so he can put his feet up while online, which is where he spends most of his life. Have to get him a new bed/mattress. But the first (big) step is getting these rooms cleaned out.

Other projects for us for 2010 include: replace all windows, replace roof, tear rug out of front room (living/dining room) and install hardwood floor. These are things we have put off for too long and must get done; the windows are terribuls and so is the roof. The rug is old & ugly...etc. etc.


Hubby made pizza last night (which was deelish) and the boys watched Sports while I watched 'Dinner: Impossible' and sipped lots of wine...which eventually put me to sleep before 12 bells. First time I can recall missing the new year...oh well, it's not that big a deal. Here is an awesome New Year's cake that a friend made for hubby's office (actually 2 branches, hence 2 cakes, and we got one!):



Credit: Crystal Caruk of "C Cups" (cakes, cookies, cupcakes)

We will slice into it today, it looks & smells deelish. Thank you Crystal! Oh...now you're jealous...sorry!!

Edit: whoops! forgot Granddaughter S's New Year's picture...silly Granny:



Is it just me, or do we all have that nightmare where we show up to work in our jammies or, we're still in high school and forget out locker combination? Ok, maybe it IS just me but take a look:




Evidently, even penguins have that same bad dream...

This is what I feel like today, having eaten a whole pizza by myself yesterday (I'm not ashamed):



So, my next resolution is to lose weight and hit the gym. I definitely must do that.

Today is relax day, tomorrow babysit Granddaughter S day and tomorrow evening, over to my bestest friend's house to watch a movie, drink MGDs and have a sleep-over. We haven't done that since the 80's. She is newly single again, bought herself a house and is doing very well. We will have fun.

Sunday, want to take my dotter M to St. Boniface hospital and visit my Aunt who is in palliative care there (very recently) having been given only 4 weeks to live. Sad and tragic it is, and pretty unbelieveable. One minute you're ok and the next you're full of cancer.

So my last resolution is to QUIT SMOKING. Two of my friends have quit, one cold-turkey, the other with the help of drugs, but whatever it takes, I really must try. May go out & get the patch. I think I'm ready...and like they say, never quit quitting. I have to try...

Well, that's all for today, ladies & germans. Happy New Year to all and best for the new year/decade!!!

Love & Peace,
CFM

No comments:

Post a Comment