Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday The 13th

No, not the movie, just the title of today's blog. Ugh...I am unwell today (and yet I went in today...more than I can say for a lot of other 'no-shows'). I am queasy and have acquired a sore throat...does not bode well. And I am bloody disappointed! A scant week ago, I rid myself of the evil virus that hung out with me for 2 weeks. Grrrr! I haz a mad! So, not going to visit my buddy tonite, will try tomorrow IF i am feeling bettah. Which I better be cuz I don't have time to be sick, all I'm sayin'. Oh yeah, and I have a sick headache. Who remembers the in-laws (Darren's parents) from Bewitched??? The old tv series, not the movie. Anyway, the mother-in-law would always say "Frank. I've got a sick headache." whatever that meant, but I seriously have a "sick headache"...and an achy throat. This week was uppy-downy...two days of work, one day off, 2 days of work.

Awesome report card brought to us by son A...then his XBox broke, but hubby saved the day, they went out and bought another one. Yes, they robbed a bank on the way :-) I took a pass on Parent Teacher which I was convinced was Tuesday (it said so on the calendar...who knew I had an outdated calendar?)
for 2 reasons: One - I had a bad headache/neck pain going on and B. Son A. brought home good marks, so no real screaming need to go...for a change! Wednesday was so-so, did relaxing & some chores, yardwork & housework. Had a bitchin' BBQ for dinner with steak & mushrooms and all that good stuff. It was a good day.

Yesterday (Thurs) I went to the school for the Grad Meeting which I was convinced was yesterday b/c there is one the 2nd Thursday of every month. Except when I got there, the meeting room was set up but devoid of parents-of-grads and I was informed that the grad meeting is next Thursday. Ok. I turn around and there seem to be an awful lot of people milling about. I spot someone I know and ask him if he's there for the (non-existent) grad meeting. He says no, he's there for Parent Teacher...which of course was yesterday and not Tuesday! Whatever. I went home to watch tv...it was Thursday and all my shows were on. So...grad meeting next Thursday, but I already have a commitment (as if I have a life! but I do!!) so I'll ask some other Mom to take notes for me please. What could there possibly be to say that wasn't said at the first grad meeting and that isn't written down in the pages & pages of grad notes, rules & regs...I ask... knowingly...

A cute black kitteh from icanhascheezburger:


Anyway, today not so bad/busy at work, a good thing as I felt a leetle bit like sh*t. What needed to get done got done and precious little beyond that.

So nothing to look forward to in the short-term...in the long-term (by the end of the weekend) I hope to see (cuddle, smooch, etc.) granddotter S...that is, if I am in fact not sick, if I am, then no. Oh please, Gods of the queasy guts, let me get better!!! This I beg of you.

There, that should do it...going to cruise 'o crap my parents joined facebook' and other time-wasting interwebs sites...just because I can!

Adieu, football fans,

CFM

2 comments:

  1. CFM,
    Geez, I hope you don't have the dreaded 'piggy punies' (swine flu)! I noticed your blog after visiting your suave, debonaire, witty, diplomatic, brother's site :-) Actually, he has made my list of the ten most interesting people I'd like to have coffee with!! And, after reading your blog, I can see eclectic personality runs in the family. I'll tune in from time to time. GET WELL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Donald! I just noticed this comment...it's nice to know that at least one other person besides my brother reads my Blogs! I am well, thanks. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete