Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Fruits of our Labour

This blog is titled thus because I am going to show you my parents' house, all decked out for Christmas! My daughter and I spent alot of summer refinishing the cedar on the house - as you can see there is a lot of it...cedar I mean. First I prepped it by pressure-washing and letting it dry for days. Then I sanded it all. And then M and I primed it and stained it. We then re-stained the deck and son-in-law came in to finish off the deck with the lattice. My sis and niece did the fascia and eavestrough, under the constant supervision of my Pop :-) He is compelled...so you just go with it. It was a promise made the last week of May when he was in hospital for eight days with pneumonia and other ailments...we fulfilled...and then some, methinks.




I took these shots on Sunday...I think the house looks pretty awesome. I can take no credit for the lighted creatures that seem to multiply each year on the deck. (And I think the pumpkins really add to it, don't you :-)

I thought I'd post some shots of Grandbaby S as she has grown this year. And the odd random, just to mix it up a little. I only got to September...more another day. Enjoy.



At Spaghetti Factory in January.


This one's funny, looks like she's about to "lay one on" her Uncle A!



I'm Too Cute!



With her Mama (guess which one has 'bed head').



Princess "S" in her Princess Chair.



A Princess Birthday Cake made with Love by Granny.



In her Birthday Tutu!



Not enjoying the pool at Granny's b'day party.



Romping thru Great Grampa's grass...



Mwaaa haa haa haa haa haa!



Spencer Dog enjoying some sun.



Son A & best bud C on him's birthday.



Baby S measuring Granny's birthday cedar. Yup, it's this tall.


Just bein' Cute Little Ole Me!



I will end with a cool picture from Vegas:


This is a quaint little liquor/deli/sundries store off the Strip (Vegas) that we frequent each tme we go, for cold bottled water and, of course, room beer. It's right behind our hotel, Bill's Saloon & Gamblin' Hall (I sure liked its former name, the Barbary Coast). Anyway, every year they have 21 years left on their lease...they must keep getting it renewed, huh? Oh...I miss Vegas...see you next year! Same time, same place.


That's it for me today, really didn't have time for this, but it's an excellent housework avoidance maneuvre, n'est ce pas?

See you in the funny papers!

Love & Peace,
CFM

No comments:

Post a Comment