Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Good Day...Bad Day

It started out ok...nothing unusual. Woke up with a headache...don't you just hate that? At least you should earn the headache; in my humble opinion. Anyway, work was no big deal, neither good nor bad. But more tired as the day wore on and then my neck got into it (old war injuries). However, I went out at lunch to peruse stuff and found a most awesome gift for my seester's birthday. Good Day. By the time I came home, I was pretty sure I wasn't going to Parent Teacher (PT) tonight re: head & neck pounding. And don't you just hate when they put PT on the eve. of a holiday/day off? They do this in the Spring too...Thursday before Good Friday. Thanks...I love that.

Anyway...son A's report card turned out to be Awesome! Marks in the 90's, football fans. Good Day. Great! I thot, he's taking Grade 12 seriously and what a turnaround from the last few years. So, that clinched it for me - no need to go to PT! I'm always going and sweet-talking the teachers, or wheedling them to give him another chance...but not this time!
So I lie down with my gel ice pack behind my neck and the next thing I know, A's XBox dies. It just...simply...dies. Done like dinner...poke it with a fork, cuz it's done. Bad Day. Very Bad Day.

'Speshally considering that not 18 hours ago, he & his cousin K went to WalMart and each purchased the new Call of Duty game for Live. And then his system dies. Oh...the bitter irony. I feel badly, I really do. He proceeds to go downstairs to lift weights and scare the bejesus out of all the cats due to all the noise, noise, noise, noise. Between the music and the swearing and pounding of heavy weights to basement floor, they don' know what to think. I just think, better the basement floor than his room or some furniture (taking a pounding).


So since I ain't going to PT, hubby is making dinner...imagine his surprise when he opened the fridge and found this:

No, we are not having cat omelets, stir-fry or Denver sammiches. We shooed him out and off he went. Catz...can't live with 'em, can't live with 'em...

Since we actually never get around to removing our old "eighties" Christmas lights from the house and putting up new ones, I vote we do this (house on the right):


Christmas Decorating 101 : easy peezy.

Well...that's about it for moi on this good day/bad day.

Tomorrow is Remembrance Day, so please remember all those who went before us and made the ultimate sacrifice...and those who are still fighting for freedom and liberty to this day. My hat is off to these brave men and women and may they all come home safely.

Lest We Forget,
CFM

No comments:

Post a Comment