Friday, November 20, 2009

The Winds of November...

Great title, eh? I just thought it sounded like, mysterious...not much to say...anyway...hey, all that rhymes, by the way. That did too! Oh...I am on a roll, football fans. So who's gonna win the really big game this wknd? CFM really does not care all that much since her beloved Bombers were knocked out, early (their own fault). Anyway, given that Calgary won the Grey Cup last year, Burris et al finally got their Grey Cup rings, maybe I'll cheer for da other team...or maybe not.

We are sooooo lucky in the 'Peg to have above-seasonal temps with no precipitation...yet (if you don't count the dam snow on Oct 9th). When I drive by 'the lake' (by our house) at night and see the black sea of Canada Geese sleeping on the water, I can't help but think they are freezing their tushes off!!! What is their problem???!! It's the same story every year, a few misguided geese just cannot get their butts into gear and take off for warmer climes. Fly South! Go! Now! Before it's too late. There's always one in the crowd who gets his (her?) butt frozen to the lake overnight when it starts to freeze over. Typically they are rescued, but sometimes...oh I just can't think about the alternative, being an animal lover and all. I just hope they get on their way soon...dumb-asses!!! Hell, if I had the ability to fly South just for sh*ts and giggles, you bet I'd be long gone...I'd prolly never come back!!!

So, TD Canada Trust. They suck...at least this one particular branch does. My son's GIC (for his edumacation) matured Nov. 6 and on that very day I not only spoke with a nice lady named "C" in customer service, but she got the 'investment' or whatever lady named "O" to call me...and O left a message on my home machine lickety-split, that very day. I wanted another vehicle to put this (copious, vast amount of) money (yah, in my dreams!) into, before son A graduates (God willing) in June and needs it for his edumacation, as stated above. So on Nov 9, I call O and leave her a message...same on Nov 10. Nov 11 was a holly-day, so I call her Nov 12...and Nov 13... and Nov 16. And she never calls me back. How rude! Then I try someone else name of "JL" and we play telephone tag a few times, talk this past Tuesday, and I tell her in the end just write a cheque for the amount of the now moot certificate cuz it ain't doing any good just lying there and I want to put it into my (ginormous) 'premium' savings account at a Credit Union (at a double-top-secret location...if I tell you, I'll have to kill you)...which earns a goodly amount of interest...'spesh when compared with '0' per cent interest.

After Tuesday, JL goes AWOL on me...I leave her several more messages & we play telephone tag for 2 days and then we talk today. I am so exasperated at this point, I instruct her to write a dam cheque and me and my son will be in today after work/school to sign for/pick it up. Which we did. But not before I called this so-called "Manager of Customer Service" (C) at the branch (who was conveniently away today) to leave her a delightful message, chronicling the 2-week dog & pony show of us trying to get our hands on our money. She'll call me back Monday...we'll talk. Methinks this branch desperately needs the following seminars:

  1. How To Return Phone Messages, Period
  1. How To Return Phone Messages In A Timely Manner
  1. Customer Service - You're Doing It Wrong!
Whatever...we got the cheque & that's the end of the story...for now...mutha f*kers

Here is exactly what I think of TD Canada Trust (thank you cheezburger):

And, on a related note:



Hmmm, looks like the gals at TD Canada Trust are on yet another break.


That was way too much time devoted to the Bozos at TDCT.

Here is the BEST LOL ever!!!


And that's it for me, gotz lotz to do and determined to actually get some of it done. Then relax with an MGD...sounds like a plan.

Adieu football fans...

CFM






2 comments:

  1. May the winds of November blow you and yours a hellava Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Donald! Altho my Thanksgiving was in October...but Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete