Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Cars...It's A Love/Hate Thing

So, being home sick, I had plenty of time to read...I read Consumer Reports on cars, I read the Interwebs on cars...many, many readings. And thinkings. And I cumz to the conclusionz that...I do really want to buy the Corolla S (s stands for Sport) which has everything in it that I could possibly need. But have to add a moonroof and then life will be complete...completely grand. I think I knew I wanted it from the minute I laid eyes on it, but you gotta test drive & do your research and mature stuff like that. Except I shudder at the thought of car payments when I haven't had 'em in soooooo long. But again, this is a necessary evil.

And I'm goin' in soon (calling on the phone, silly) with both eyes open, having done my research, my homework, knowing what I want and making my best deal. I, ladies & germs, now know how to arrive at the TMV...this is True Market Value. The diff between Invoice and MSRP. You can get it at Edmunds.com. Yes, it's American, but it gives you a clue, a hint, a nod in the right direction about the mark-up between Invoice and MSRP (manufacturer's suggested retail price) (jeez, do I haft explain everything?) and then you figure stuff out from there. It was easy peezy, actually.

And there's tons of other worthwhile shit to read on that site about: tips for buying cars, how to know what you want, Negotiating 101 (I really needed to read that) etc. etc. and so football fans ... I feel ready!!! We start by sneaking back to the lot to read a few 'stickers' and then telling David exactly what I want and then I say I'll call him. Hah. Don't call me, I'll call you, buddy. And then Kapow! Sucker-punch him with the price I want to pay...not the price he wants me to pay. (Keep in mind I hate this whole process:-)

But seriously, I truly feel ready and that is a big step for me! I can't wait...it's gonna be a Sweet Ride! Can you picture me and granddotter S with the moonroof open, the wind in our hair??? Nah, me neither.

Me...in a Sporty car! Finally!! Here 'tis but will you please picture it with a rear spoiler, cuz it comes with...

My only regret will be buying Silver Metallic when what I really want is Barcelona Red, but you have to act mature at some point in your life, no?

Adieu people, til the morrow...

Excited CFM

No comments:

Post a Comment