Sunday, September 13, 2009

Safeway Does Care! But We'll See How Much...

An update to my Aug 10th blog about Safeway, where I slipped on water, fell on my knee and injured my tibial tubercle (6-8 week injury). And nobody cared, they all acted like nothing had happened & the cashier I made eye contact with denied seeing me fall and/or seeing me on the ground. The last insult was a phone conversation with Big Al (store manager) who condescendingly offered me "in the range of $50-75 and you come in and sign a release". I thought it all strange, the way it was handled, so I called the store's District Manager on Friday (first time I've had time to call).

I relayed the whole story to her, how I was treated & spoken to by Al, what he offered, but back to the original incident, how not one of her store employees seemed to think it was a big deal that a customer fell in their store due to their negligence...except Asst Mgr Sam - he was nice & he cared. But apparently not enuf, as he never did write up a proper accident report...he wrote some shit on a random piece of paper that day and that was it. And I'm sure neither he nor Al "e-mailed Calgary" (head office) like they said they would nor even made them aware in any way of what had happened.

She seemed displeased with how this was handled, none of the proper procedures were followed, apologized several times throughout our conversation & sed she would go down to the store that afternoon. I hope some guys got in shit on Friday for being ignorant. I further clarified that I was not some scum off the street trying to pull a fast one and that Al cannot just offer to throw some $$ at someone to make them "go away". I'm a 30-year shopper at that store (or whenever the hell it opened) and yes, I intend to go back, football fans! As soon as we've "settled something" here...go back in with my head held high and say "hi" to Murray, the ignorant cashier...among others.

This woman did mention monetary compensation a few times, and we will talk turkey on Monday. I asked for A) a written apology B) assurance this will never happen again ( footnote:hubby's been back as recently as yesterday and the cooler is still leaking...how about emptying it, shutting it off, wiping it out and either fixing or replacing it? And C) monetary compensation, of course, since she brought it up :-))) With any luck at all, Safeway can make my first new car payment...sounds good to me! F*ckers!!! Further updates on this story as warranted.

Banjo Bowl!
Don't know if Barrin Simpson is playing today or not...yesterday may have been the last time apparently that we see him in Bomber attire...I hope he plays. We still have Lobendahn and Shabbaz, and of course big Doug Brown, so no worries there. On the offence side, however...oh my god, what will we do? They've brot in yet another quarterback (I've lost count) whose name escapes me, Lefors is injured (thank Bob), and we have Bishop and Randall...and this new guy who remains nameless for now. Get with the plan and throw nicely to the receivers or use Reid, but please...get it done today!!!


They really have no choice...if they lose today it will be ugly...but like I sed yesterday, it promises to be a good game and I can't wait!

Have to go clean & do chores now...a woman's work is never done, it's true...have a good day all and may the best Blue & Gold Team win!!!!!

Love & Peace,
CFM

No comments:

Post a Comment