Thursday, September 10, 2009

Weird News

It's just a weird day, football fans. Is there a full moon or... I thought that was last week?

Ellen Degeneres is taking over Paula Abdul's spot as judge on American Idol. Can it get any weirder? Don't get me wrong...I love Ellen. She's great and funny and she does lots of charitable work...did I mention she's funny? I don't know if the show can handle such a funny lady as Ellen. I mean she's hilarious! Oh, and she has a command of the English language, which is more than can be said for Randy Jackson and Kara whats-her-name (I don't like her). Say what you will about Simon, he's a straight shooter and also has a command of the English language, and many others I'm sure...languages, that is. I will miss Paula...good luck in your next endeavour! But please, no singey-dancey thing, do something serious.

Went for a walk by our lake today (man-made pond, just let me call it "our lake" ok?) and this is what I saw:



Of course, the duck is a misnomer as anyone can clearly see it is a Canada Goose. Of which we have plenty in our lake, along with gulls, many kinds of ducks and on a really lucky day, pelicans. I love pelicans.

Anyway, in other news, work sucked again today but not as bad as the last almost month.

My son failed his driver's test today...I felt really bad for him. I know what that's like, along with millions of my readers, yes?? It was all because of a skate-boarder who was approaching - A thought he had enough time to get through the intersection from a stop sign as the SB was still far away, but alas halfway thru, the SB zinged by. Shit! And other words that mean poop. It's too bad, other than that he would have passed, and ya gotta wait 2 weeks before taking another test. Serious Bummer...sorry A, you'll do it next time!

Bomber news (such as it is) - I just heard that Stephan LeFors is on the 9-week injured list (yay! he won't be playing anymore this season) due to a shoulder injury...I forget what and who really cares? What I'm wondering is...this guy hasn't actually played for weeks, so Stephan, where'd you hurt your shoulder? Don't tell me it was during practise...wink, wink. That's like a former-person-at-work-who-will-go-unnamed (a chick) coming in to work with a sprained neck one time - when asked how she got it she replied "in the shower". JEEZ! Ya don't say stuff like that!!! Ewwwwwww!!!!!!!!!


So, if this kitteh video doesn't make you laff yuras off, then you have no sense of humour :-)))




And that's about that. I pick up my new car on Saturday...after babysitting The Banana (granddotter). Gotta bake son A's birthday cake for Tuesday...ssshhh, it's a surprise! I hope he doesn't read my blog, but just in case he does I will not divulge what KIND of birthday cake. He will be surprised!

Time for a beer and supper, in that order. Then, mebbe some mindless chores & such...oh what a life I lead, huh?

Toodles,
CFM

No comments:

Post a Comment