Saturday, September 5, 2009

A Full Day

Don't let the time-stamp on this blog fool you...by the time it's published, it will be one hour later at least and CFM has just about 'had the bun' (and what the hell does that saying mean anyway?).

I did some shopping today - grocery and otherwise. And wouldn't you know, David (Toyota salesman) calls me in the middle of a loud & crowded grocery store. We chatted...he sed he'd call me later, at home.

I got school supplies for my boy becuz A) he's too lazy to do it himself and B) he needed them and 3) this mite inspire him to actually graduate! Not that not graduating is an option; mais non! I ran some errands after that, picked up A (the boy) and we got t-shirts at Old Navy. He thought they might have shorts...no, son, not in Winnipeg in early September...those probably went away mid-July, when they realized summer was never coming. We got five t-shirts for $25. Oh yeah...now that's a t-shirt sale, 5 bucks each (limit 5). Can you speak? That was awesome.

I was up way too early today and was tired so, since it was sunny & hot outside, I took myself a tan, football fans. Lied in the sun...lay in the sun? Whichever, it was invigorating. Unlike some people I know who are drained by the sun's heat, I find it recharges me. And I need all the help I can get at my age.


Back in the house, ready to go out again, the phone rings and it's David. We chatted some more...you know how car salesmen are, they can't stop talking, they go on and on, they never stop! We got close to a price (but he's still being elusive) and I sed I'll call you Tuesday. I'm doing pretty good for someone who hates the game. But I'm playing...I don't need this car...I just want it :-)) Anywho, we're getting close! And crazy football mom's getting excited!! I really just want it over & done...tell me where to sign & how much I gotta pay :-)

I visited my dotter, son-in-law & granddotter, who are all under the weather but most of all Baby S. We cuddled and, in between giving me big smiles, she'd whimper...poor baby! She's got a sort of cold which I hope doesn't get worse...she spent most of April being sick. Had to leave shortly after as it was almost her bedtime...get better Sweet S!! (and her mom & dad).

I went back home to eat & finish some laundry. And here I am in front of the boob-tube (the new boob-tube, we used to call the tv that didn't we?) By this time Tuesday, I may be the proud owner of a brand-spankin' new 2010 Toyota Corolla S (with moon roof :-)) oh!

Tomorrow, the Bombers take on the Riders at Mosaic Stadium in the Labour Day Classic...with their stupid Gopher mascot (uttered with complete disdain...seriously!). May the Best Blue and Gold Team win!! Bombers, we will be cheering you on at 3 pm Central Time!! Go Blue, you can do it this year!!!

And goodnight...
CFM

No comments:

Post a Comment