Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Random thoughts

It's a new day, football fans. Wish we had a new quarterback...either that or let's get some 10-foot-tall receivers who can actually catch his throws. Ugh. Ok, WHEN does the NFL season start??

Nothing but gloom & doom in the paper. A poor 2-year-old baby drowned at St. Malo on the wknd, 2nd in very recent memory. Lifeguards...that's all I'm sayin'. He wandered away from their campsite...my heart goes out to his parents. There was a hoax report of someone throwing a baby from a bridge into the Red River...who the hell does that? Puts in a false report like that, I mean - happily there was no baby thrown from no bridge. In other news, they are searching the Winnipeg River for a young teacher (25 years old) who went missing in a boating accident on the wknd at Minaki. He taught his first year at Sisler High School (my alma mater) and was going to a new school in the fall (can't remember which one). His father teaches at St. Paul's and his mother is the principal at Shaughnessy Park School (my other alma mater). My heart goes out to the family as they search for him. When you're young and impetuous, you think you are immortal, which alas is not the case. Such a tragedy...

My son A, who has become nocturnal, is still unemployed...on the upside, he IS getting a haircut on Thursday, so anything's possible. Recommended jobs for A: artist (he is wonderfully talented); origami guy (is there a market for this?); movie critic; procrastinator (he used to crastinate, then he went Pro). Anyway...he's available 24/7 apparently. Please hire him, I'm begging you...

My two busiest weeks of the year at work and nobody cooperates...I know you're all busy too, but if I need you to get back to me RFN, it doesn't mean Wednesday...or whenever...thank you very little.

Here are the Top Ten reasons to procrastinate:
1.

Seriously...I hafta go to work in 2 hours...guess I should go shower & feed these damn cats before they pack their little suitcases and leave...altho that mite not be a bad thing :-) Three cats, roaming the streets, their sad little faces scanning the dark, unlit houses for a beacon, a household that would welcome them with open arms. My cats are so weird, noone would want them...I barely do! But we love them, and here they will stay...I'll have none of this mutinous behavior. You're all on time-out!

And so it goes...another day, another dollar (approx. 88 cents U.S.)

I bid you adieu, have an average day.
Love & Peace
CFM







No comments:

Post a Comment