Friday, July 31, 2009

Jon & Kate plus Eight

Okay, I've decided to blog about Jon & Kate + 8...just this once. I watched a couple of Webisodes on the TLC site...most of 'em I'd already seen, as I do follow the show, or at least I did. I don't want to watch it anymore because of who Jon & Kate have become, and I wish I could say unequivocally that I absolutely won't, but it's kinda like watching a train wreck. Ya just can't turn away! Like alot of other people, I have grown fond of the kids, having watched them grow up, literally, on tv. So, here's what I have to say about the whole sad situation.

Kate in the early years was a sweet, loving person & mother, albeit always emasculating & belittling when it came to Jon. Over time, we could see her changing...wardrobe, makeup, jewelry, etc. and then she became an emasculating Diva. I've read two of her three books...the 2nd one "Eight Little Faces" is nothing more than a money grab (but filled with nice pics)...nothing really to read there. The first one "Multiple Blessings", that was real, she wrote from the heart about everything. And now, she is fluff...it's all about Kate. She & Jon now say "My kids, my kids" not "our kids"..."I'm there for my kids". It's too bad Kate was never 'there' for Jon. It's become painfully apparent that it's all about Kate, money, Kate, fame, Kate, and book tours (get me away from these kids!). The kids are the ones who will suffer the fallout from all of this, now and into the future. The divorce, the ugliness on some of the episodes, all out there for the world to see. A loving family chronicling their multiple children growing up turned into a 3-ring circus. You invite people and cameras into your lives & then you complain about the Paparazzi and having no privacy. That's a good one!

Jon - Yah, on that first 'announcement' episode he said he was so proud of himself that he "finally stood up for himself", he had enough of Kate, etc. Let's just say, for starters, that Jon is lazy...laaazeee! Methinks he was quite happy to sit back & let Kate be the control freak that she was and is, do all the work, and boss him around. Secondly, he has the personality of a kitchen stool & really, football fans, he's no prize in the studly department. Suddenly, Jon (who can't hold a steady job) awakens from his coma to discover that he's "32-with-8-kids-and-a-shrew-for-a-wife-and-Oh-My-God-how-did-I-get-here?" It begs the question, why bother renewing your wedding vows in Hawaii on your 9th anniversary if trouble was already brewing? Answer - cuz it was free! Everything's free! I never have to work again in my life!! And I can go clubbing and bring 23 year old girls back to the house (filled to the brim with my children). Shame on You, Jon. For 2 small people, Kate is the bigger person, and that is not saying a lot.

To the 'Sweet Little Kids', Mady (the snotty brat) and Cara - be brave sweethearts, this too shall pass. In time you can hopefully overcome, and lead somewhat normal lives. You should not have been forced to grow up behind cameras. You should not have had your dirty laundry (and your toilet training) aired in public. If Mommy & Daddy can't see that the tv show should not go on, surely someone else who cares for and looks after you guys will help guide you out of the madness. God Bless you kids!!

And that's my Jon & Kate rant.

Love & Peace
CFM

No comments:

Post a Comment