Thursday, August 6, 2009

Aerosmith and ZZ Top - postponed!!!



Crazily, tomorrow evening's concert has been postponed due to vocalist Steven Tyler's unfortunate fall from the stage yesterday in Sturgis, South Dakota. He was apparently dancing during "Love in an Elevator" and well, he fell backwards off the elevator, er, the stage. The guy is 61-years-old, what the hell is he doing jumping around like that? 'Specially when he's just getting over a pulled hamstring in late June/early July (depending on the website). This tour has been plagued with various injuries & surgeries and apparently Wpg's concert is the only one to be postponed...they will play in Regina on Sunday (Grrrrr!) and carry on from there...no word on when the Wpg make up date will be...I hope it's soon and ZZ Top better still be with them...please?!?!?! They are a big reason why I got tix in the first place.

This is known as the Griswold Effect. Remember the National Lampoon movies, with Clark Griswold (Chevy Chase) and his lovely wife, whose name escapes me. The Griswold Effect is, in essence, a series of misfortunes and / or unfortunate events...and we ARE the Griswolds, as these kind of things keep happening...it's gone on for years. And just when we think it's safe...Kapow! Oh well, this too shall pass.

Got to Gimli today! It was sunny and hot...off & on...when there weren't big thunderclouds. But it didn't rain. Got the lawn cut & etc., re-planted three little misguided tress (1 evergreen, 2 cedar)
around the yard, which had been growing under the deck stairs and had to be moved. Hopefully they will grow & fluorish, unlike my petunias which have just sat there since Canada Day...they didn't die, but they sure didn't grow! Here's the trailor (yard is behind the trees, truck is parked on random grass):


Ate lupper (this is lunch & supper) around 2:30 at Kris' fish & chips...it's like a little bit of Heaven, football fans. Then off to Wpg Beach, so I could actually say I walked on the beach. Which I did! Toes in the sand and in the water :-) I miss the beach, I don't get there near enough...gonna be a beach bum in my next life. Collected a bunch of beeyutiful beach stones & shells for S (granddotter) as she loves stones & sand (as all little ones do), so her collection has begun.

A lone seagull happened to be walking by and stood still as I pulled out my camera...just as I was gonna snap the picture, he turned to look at me head-on and then he turned again as if to say "this is my good side!" Here is a shot of him and, further down the beach, his extended family:

















All in all, a great day! Well, that's it then, 'Moscow', 'I be a Russian'! Off to visit a friend & drown our sorrows with some MGDs.

Toodles,
CFM

No comments:

Post a Comment