Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I Can't Relax Cuz I Haven't Done A Thing and I Can't Do A Thing Cuz I Can't Relax

Welcome to The Last Resort! Well...I'm living a nightmare at work that just won't go away. Due to Ottawa (AAFC to be verrrrry specific) we have to undo, redo, and redo, redo, redo everything we had poised to put in place for the start of a program next Tuesday, Sep. 1. Not too much pressure! Every year it's something and this year is no exception it seems...but this time, they've gone too far!! We are going to take them off our Christmas Card list. There. That'll learn them.


I went outside to soak up some much-needed and much-missed sunshine, but like today's title, I can't relax cuz I haven't done a thing and I can't do a thing cuz I can't relax. When you're home, you worry about stuff at work and when you're at work, you worry about stuff at home - you are Rent.


In other news, I took granddotter S for a walk yesterday around her neighborhood. She is a very good hand holder...and if she starts doin' that wigglin' my hand out of Granny's thing, I just give her the look...and I say "Nuh, uh, uh!" and then she stops. But I digress. This couple were walking by and as they approached they both remarked how incredible cute she is and the lady said she looked like a real, live doll. Well!!! ...being a biased Granny and all, that just made my day! It's true - I do have the cutest grandbaby in the whole entire world!! Nobody can say differently and make it stick. (this just came to me, it's an old jingle from a commercial that I cannot remember). Digressing again...! S was unimpressed by all the attention. She did pick up 2 sticks, 1 large blade of quack grass and 1 dandelion (that had already gone to seed, hence all the fuzzies blew off before we reached home) as 'gifts' for her darlin' Mother. That kid...sucking up already! Way to go S, just like Granny taught you! Next up...shopping!!! Must...learn...her...how...to...shop! She did have a grand time in Tergesen's (Gimli) pointing & babbling at all the stuffed aminals and grabbing for books. She's also the smartest grandbaby in the world, did I mention?

S
o, me must go now & do the supper thing and the getting my costume ready for tomorrow's masquerade thing...this was just a time-filler (time-killer).

I bid you all adieu until the next time I have something to say...

Love & Peace
CFM

No comments:

Post a Comment