Tuesday, August 18, 2009

In Rod We Trust

Rod Stewart

It was great! It was more than great, it was Awesome!! I had forgotten what a showman Rod is. And the band...they are fantastic! He let each one of them shine, with drum solos, guitar solos, keyboard solos, violin and sax solos, and those beautiful, doll-like back-up singers in their blue dresses. But the man can still sing, football fans. It was a Great concert!!!

The starting band, a group called The Kin, were very good. Two brothers (plus drummer and bass player) from Austrailia who harmonize quite well, and their songs were extremely well put together. They put on a good show.

Back to Rod, for a 64-year-old, he can still shake his cute little tush!! He could have sang more of his hits (rather than others') but he's still got it! The grande finale and best part of the concert was "Maggie May", his 1971 hit that made him famous. This guy's been performing for 40 years, ladies and germs. And he looks a helluva lot better than Mick Jagger...'nuf said.

In other news - I just read that 8 out of 9 ten-dollar bills have traces of cocaine on them...hey, buddy, got two 10's for a twenty? I wanna get high!

So, back to work, I think I'll float in today, with memories of "the rhythm of my heart, is beating like a drum...the words I love you rolling off my tongue. never will I roam, for I know my place is home - where the ocean meets the sky, I'll be sailing!"

Ciao!
CFM

No comments:

Post a Comment