Monday, August 24, 2009

Life's a Beach

Aah, the two most beautiful words in the English language...Summer Afternoon...well, to me, anyway. Yesterday, ran away to the Beach with M and S (granddotter) and we had a Great day!! Baby's first time at the lake. Poked around Gimli, ate lunch, did some shopping & took pictures. Then, off to Wpg Beach to play in the sand with sand toys. S liked that a lot!! When I walked her to the water's edge, though, she remembered that she does not like water! Not one bit...we were right there, with the gentle lapping of the water on the sand (not a strong wind, by any means) and I thought cool, she's ok with this. Not!! Started crying (her, not me) and, being a nice Granny (as opposed to a mean Granny), I brot her back to our spot on the sand. We bypassed the park on the way back, as the hour was getting late (you've seen one swing, you've pretty much seen 'em all) but we did go for ice cream!!

After all these years, the Dairy Bee is still buzzing (pun intended). But I gotta tell ya, it is not air-conditioned. It was disgusting, stifling and we almost melted waiting in line. You couldn't pay me to work there...well, maybe if you paid me in ice cream :-) Outside once again, we sat in the resin chairs cleverly lined up against the wall (in the shade I might add) while we and S ate our ice cream cones. She loved it! Close to the end, she grabbed the cone and, if we could actually understand her babbles, proclaimed "I can hold it myself!" and proceeded to finish it! We had taken many pictures all day, but just as she held the cone herself & M was about to take the picture, she said "damn! camera card full!" Damn!!! What kind of Granny doesn't know her camera card is close to being full??! On the upside, a darn fine excuse to go right back and do it again...soon...before summer goes away.


The weather was fabulous all wknd and then today...back to rain. This, football fans, is the Summer of our Discontent. A tremendous rip-off...disheartening...disillusioning...and other words that mean terribuls.


So anyway, here's the little darlin :




Whoops! How'd that chocolate ice cream get there??? Bad Granny!




Posin' with the Gimli Credit Union Bear, formerly of Broadway Ave. in Wpg (the Broadway Bears, many summers ago, I think for the Pan Am games, then they were redistributed.)




Hard at work, I mean play, in the sand.




And there you have it football fans. I can't wait til she's older (although I love her cute age right now) so we can do more stuf!

Nighty night, time for Bed...

Love & Peace,
CFM

No comments:

Post a Comment