Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Oy Vey

What a day! Woke up tired & grumpy...not the best way to start the day...and I even slept thru the night for a friggin' change (see 'pre-menopause' : hot flashes). Work was hard...I was at it until 1:30, took a short break & was back at my pc when the fire alarm went off. 8 floors of peeps trudging downstairs and outside into the temporary sun and humidity (rained off & on all day...surprise!) We couldn't go back in for 1/2 an hour even tho it was a 'false alarm', i.e. not scheduled, unplanned and other words that mean we didn't see it coming. The firemen arrived and everything...they just stood around looking goooood :-)

We all went back in the building and then it was time for my 30th-anniversary-at-work cake party...actually it was past the time, being 2:30 and the party scheduled for 2. There were 2 kinds of cake, I got a "wristonniere" which is a wrist corsage AND there were 2 dozen roses. And 2 cards! I expected a cake party, not the Academy Awards - it was extremely thoughtful and appreciated. Kind words were spoken about moi by my former Manager (ok, I've had 5 in the last 5 years, but this guy knows me) and I orated a short, carefully prepared speech, put together in exactly 7 minutes last night and had only time to glance at while in the hot seat. Oh yah, and I was having a total hot flash...melting, sweating, hair flattening as I spoke...it was extremely attractive. So, I apologized for setting off the fire alarm, which seemed to break the ice quite nicely.

Once the throngs had left, I sat around for an additional 1/2 hour with a few peeps shooting the breeze. The room cooled down to the point I didn't ever want to leave (see hot flash, above). Seriously, football fans, it's like you're an oven, melting from the inside out and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. It's all the fun you can have with your shoes on ;+) Mother never told me there'd be days like this...

Get this...Brett Favre has signed on with the Vikings!!! Unbelievable! Just a few weeks ago, I wished him a happy retirement and now this. Who can keep up with this guy? Well better they signed Brett than that Dog Killer, whom the Eagles signed and shall remain unnamed (Michael Vick).

And I saw granddaughter S tonite...hung out with M and S for awhile, and S put on her show, totally wearing herself out by 8, just in time for bed. A good time was had by all.

Anywho...off to do something useful now...or not ;+>
CFM




No comments:

Post a Comment