Monday, August 10, 2009

Safeway...Because we Don't Care!

Well, here's the kind of day it's been...



Well, it was not quite that boring...I did get over to apply a THIRD and final coat of stain to the house (parentals'). That took longer than I anticipated...also chatted with the parents...neighbor(s)...you know how that goes. Tomorrow...the deck!! Wait for it...I mite even post pikshurs.


Went to Safeway for Noms and wouldn't you know it...I fell. Yeah, football fans, right on some smeary water puddles (I call it that because it was not a proper puddle of water, it was like, smeared water puddles). There were store employees muhling about who could have cared less that a customer fell simply because they had far more important things to do than wipe up water! I should say here that there was A) a yellow cone, the words of which I did not read, but may have said something like "caution...wet floor" (and yet, there was wet floor still all 'round the stupid cone and 2) some stupid black mat beside the cone (conceivably to soak up the water but C) there WAS water beside and after the stupid black mat and that is what I stepped in. Anyway, at this point I even made contact with a clerk at a nearby til (we'll call him Murray) who looked away and carried on with his customer. Wow, I thought, here's me on my now sore knee, on the ground trying to get up, and they just ignore the asshole customer who fell! That's what I felt like! The asshole customer. And they all ignored me, like nothing happened. Once I got up I shouted facetiously to Murray "Thanks for your concern, no, no, I'll be alright!", went & grabbed our sammiches (even son A was unconcerned) and proceeded through Murray's til where I challenged him on my fall. He denied seeing me fall and denied seeing me on the ground (even tho we made eye contact). I was hot...mad and upset, embarrassed and my knee hurt (and my pants were dirty too from their dirty-water smeary-puddle).

So, off to Cusomer Service (and I use the term loosely, ladies & germs) to report the negligence, where the Assistant Manager (we'll call him Sam) was paged and he, and only he, was concerned. Took down the particulars, looked at my knee (oh, and my flip flops, which are perfect for slipping in smeary water puddles), noted the time of the "accident", said he'd "e-mail Calgary" and that I'd be hearing back from him. Well, finally, some action. It was extremely upsetting and embarrassing. We will see where this goes. But really, it was an unf*ckingbelievable way to be treated (or not, in this case), having fallen due to their negligence. Safeway can Bite Me.


I just needed to get that out, and now I can go on with my life. I must clean the house and do other stuff, none of which I want to do.

It did not rain today, so, yay!!! Sunny & hot all week, I know how to pick 'em (weeks to be on vaycayshons).

TTFN, must go ice mai knee...

Love & Peace,
CFM


No comments:

Post a Comment