Sunday, August 16, 2009

Random Updates

We had a lovely day with our company (friends from Ottawa, she being from the 'Peg) as we don't see them very often. M, S and S were here too and we had a nice dinner and a good time!

Now, to the updates...

Update numero uno
Michael Bishop and Anthony Calvillo

It appears all is lost in Bomberville. I'm glad we weren't there, not only for the pissing rain all day...the rain did stop in the evening. And I must admit I didn't watch it on the tube as I was outside visitin' with my friend as the rain had stopped. However, hubby & my friend's hubby did watch, he being French and a huge Al's fan and all... So, having read about the disappointing 39-12 loss in the paper, here is Crazy Football Mom's analysis. The Alouettes dominated...no surprise there. Our offence sucked...no surprise there. Our defence were not up to their usual standard...surprise! Michael Bishop's 4th game as a Blue Bomber and he's 13 of 35...he is our Savior? Thank you Serna, for the 4 Field Goals...way to go!!! So, we are now 2-5 (which may be the worst in the league, I didn't bother checking). Apparently, Mike Kelly's offensive plan is either too simple or too complicated for our guys to get...but does he change it up? No. Is anything working? No. He keeps talking the talk. Here's an idea...perhaps he needs to remove himself as offensive coordinator right now before we get even deeper into the ditch. It's like deja vu, a repeat of last year, watching a train wreck - pick your analogy, it's THAT BAD. Sigh. Still, I look forward to the next (and last) home game we will be attending, the Banjo Bowl in September. Win or lose, it's a good time...if sitting in a Stadium with 25,000 fans, beer in one hand, smokie in the other (and peanuts in yer purse) is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Update numero dos
Happy 50th Birthday, Polo Park, on August 20, 2009! I inadvertently omitted this important event from 50 years ago (1959, the year of my birth, for those too lazy to do the math) in a previous blog. Although I don't go there that often, Polo Park remains a great shopping mall as far as malls go. I don't shop that much :-) And if you buy that, I have a bridge I could sell ya...

Update numero tres
Ticketmaster (TM) - yesterday, I wrote about Friday's attempt to get a refund on our Aerosmith / ZZ Top tickets, where the girley told me she didn't have enough cash in her til, the policy was cash refund, never mind that the tix are on the MasterCard, yada yada. On the radio (and in the voicemail I received later) they said tix purchased online would be refunded to the credit card, no further action required; otherwise, refunds could be had at point-of-sale or MTS Centre box office, where I was prepared to go next Tuesday. I don't have to! I had a complete brain fart, thinking I had gone to buy them in person, as I usually do. In reality, I just went to TM to pick them up, having purchased them online. And I forgot this. So yah...I'm an idiot and have trouble sometimes remembering things. It's this pre-menopause, I swear. Footnote - wouldn't it have been a hoot if I had been successful in getting cash out of this TM gal on Friday AND getting a refund on my MasterCard?!?! I would have SO ripped off Ticketmaster, instead of the other way around (TM being the crooks in this scenario, follow me here, with their convenience charges, miscellaneous taxes, etc.). Man, that would have been Sweet!! Oh well, this too shall pass. Hope I get my refund.

F'ing rain...well, it's cloudy, threatening to rain. I have one more day of vaycayshunz Monday (and surprise, it's s'posed to rain) and hubby goes back Monday. We did a lot and accomplished a lot, but there's always those 10 or so things on your list that you didn't get done. They will get done eventually, but...

Summer's too short and we're still waiting actually for it to arrive. One sunny & hot day here & there does not a summer make. This is not good for the crops, that's for sure. They're talking about a 'cold front' moving into the Prairies this coming week - and this would be different how??? And perhaps a frost at the end of August - egads, that would be turribulz!

And so I go start my day...today's random errands and sorting thru piles of stuff to keep, give away or trash...that's always a fun time.

Adieu til tomorrow (or later, who knows?)
CFM


No comments:

Post a Comment