Friday, August 21, 2009

The Eagles concert March 13/09

Here are some pics I took at the Eagles concert. Ok, they're not the best pics but they're not that bad...cut me some slack, I've had no formal training ;o))

They played Hotel California about 5 songs in, I thought they would have left it for the encore:
















And my fave Eagle, Joe I-was-drunk-for-10-years Walsh:

















Don't know what it is about this guy, maybe I just have a soft spot for the underdog, which is what I consider him (and not in a bad way).




And my other favorite Eagle, Don Henley:

















Timothy B Shmit:
















...not a fave by a long shot...sings like a girl. Timothy, meet Stefan LeFors, he throws like a girl.


I do have a pic of Don Henley and Glen Freye together singin' their little hearts out, but I seem to have not downloaded it from my camera, ergo not available for this blog. Which tells you what I think of Glen Freye. Not so much. I heard later that during intermission, security had to keep him and Don separated to prevent them from ripping each others' throats out...still fighting after all these years...






And here's all the guys together, left to right, Timothy, Don, Glen and Joe. I honestly don't know who the other guy on guitar is (far right), they introduced him, but it beats me. What I do know is that it was hot as Hell in the arena, and we found out later that the Eagles, bless their hearts, wanted cold, frigid Winnipeg to feel like California so they had the staff jack the heat to 23 degrees. 23 degrees ladies & germans, and there we all were, dressed for winter. It was not pleasant...but we hardly noticed ;-)

Exactly 3 months earlier, I stood outside Ticketmaster at 7 ayem for 2 hours, in -31 degrees with a windchill of way colder to get the tickets. Hubby was at home on the Interwebs and, as I got to the front of the line, he got signed in. Long story short, my tix were better so he let his go. They sold out in 16 minutes and dammit, I was going!!! And the rest is history.

And now, I can die happy...Eagles, you guys rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment