Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Musings...

So, I did float into work today, or rather sailed in, with Rod Stewart songs floating in my head. But after putting in a long, hard day I gotta say...how many more years til retirement??? Oh yes, less than five now! My 30-year anniversary (at work) was Aug 13th, but I was safely away on holidays...not in the building... absent. I found out today that my Manager planned a 'cake & coffee' thing for the floor. Yeesh. I didn't really want that, but who am I to ask her to change it...and besides, it's tomorrow! I do like cake, so...what the hell. Must prepare speech...

And I received an anniversary card & bottle of wine from a work chum :-) This turning 50 stuff, working 30 years at the same place & staying married to one guy for 20 years has been quite lucrative, netting me tonnes of wine, gifts, cash, etc. And did I mention I got to see Rod? ;+) It's been quite a year.

Only 4 months and a little bit til Christmas, football fans! Have you started your shopping???

Still looking for those cocaine-laced 10 dollar bills...then I can sing ala Rod, "I am sailing...I am sailing...far away...cross the sea." Take a trip and never leave the farm.

Ok, I should go & enjoy some weather...haven't had any lately and it was cold this morning, really cold. Lawn chair, here I come!

Love & Peace,
CFM


No comments:

Post a Comment