Saturday, August 29, 2009

Cars and Football

That's what life is all about! Augh, my Chargers just got beat by the Falcons with 20 seconds left in the game. They were up 4...24-20 and then...Kapow! Falconz gotz a goal...sigh. Only exhibition game, so no worries.

I made some new friends today...their names are Bob, Ed and David. Pretty ordinary names, wouldn't you say? In reality, these guys are Car Salesmen!!! Yep. And the only slimy one per se, was Ed...a tad slimy. Dave and Bob were nice, regular guys...oh yah, and Brad, who introduced me to and left me in Bob's capable hands, he was a pretty cool guy. As far as car salesmen go, you understand. So, I'll be calling prolly 2 of 'em on Monday and try & do a deal on Tuesday. However, on Tuesday, some "incentives" may end, being month-end and end of quarter. And that, football fans, is just my luck...I'm always a day late and a dollar short. I will miss out on a gas card (Nissan) for 20 cents off a litre of gas for a whole year, as it ends Aug. 31. But, they have 0 per cent financing, which works for me! If it's still 0 per cent on Tuesday...they all say they don't know what's coming down the pike for next week...next month...not sure I believe 'em. They are car salesmen, after all...

Here are my choices.


Choice 1 - Toyota Corolla S (with moon roof :-)



But picture it in Barcelona Red! (When I got to the color-changing page, it changed the model to not a Corolla S (no spoiler) so that was no good.) Anyway, she's a Beauty!!!

Choice 2 - Honda Civic:

Yawn. Hubby's trying to lean me towards the Civic but I'm kinda done with Honda & would like something different.

Choice 3 - Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL (not exactly as illustrated):


Ok, it looks way better than this, but I couldn't get an image from the Dealership page. Huh! This is prolly not even the right model. Suffice to say, the price quoted me on this car, with moon roof, is $1,000 less than the price when you add the moon roof option on the 'build your model' page...and you hafta add freight and PDE on top of that. I am assuming (and I hate to assume, it makes an ass out of u and me) that Bob included freight and PDE (I forgot to ask, silly me :) He says they have two left, one in the charcoal grey, which is the beauty one I sat my ass in. He says they're 'motivated' as these are '09's that are "just lying around". Well, Bob, I'll take it off your hands IF the price includes freight and PDE. Understand. Comprenday?

Decisions. I hate car shopping, did I say that once or twice?

Time for bed...tomorrow's another day...I have done my gazintas (2 gazinta 4, 4 gazinta 8) and while I hate the idea of car payments, it's gotta be done ladies & germans.

Sweet dreams....zzzzzzzzzzz car! zzzzzzzzzz car! zzzzzzzzzzzzz car!

CFM

No comments:

Post a Comment