Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Catching Up

Well, football fans, yesterday was a tres busy but productive day. And it did not rain! M and I got the deck stained (parentals') in the morning. Yes! One more coat and we are done like dinner (and Ma & Pa have a new-lookin' house what with the new fascia & eavestroughing to boot). Methinks it looks purty good!

We went early and still it was 27 degrees by 10 ayem. I love it! My cousin, who is also on vacation, made a deal with the Devil, er weatherman, and the week promises to be sunny and hot, just what we ordered. No word on when the unholy nuptials are...

Weeded & watered "the gardens" (flowerbeds, tomatoes) and G and A fixed up & installed 2 doors for our hallway closets (finally). Now, if the closet fairy would just get here to clean out the closets.

Granddaughter S came over for supper & playtime, and my friend M brought over her Grandson R, who is the same age. We had pooltime (S hates the pool, sigh) and then went to the park. Our poor babies couldn't even walk in the sand due to broken glass all around, which I guess is better than needles...in a sad way. They didn't care much for the sandbox but they loved the swinging! And the snacks...mmm...babies love to Nom.

Saddlin' up the ole wagon

The wind, the wind, the wind blows high...it blows babies across the sky (in a sing-song).

On the way home, they were so cute having their little conversation in the wagon, that we did not notice R had thrown S's juice cup away and we had to walk almost all the way back to the park to retrieve it. Babies...they can be so mischievous :-))

In other random news, I just love playing Whack A Mole, and recently discovered what I've been missing all these years of not attending the Ex:

Whack A Kitteh! I think this game is really going to catch on.

This just in - Cutest Dog in the World contest ends in a tie:

Winner #1
Winner #2:
Even a cat person such as myself can appreciate such blatant, unbridled cuteness! Congrats to both of our winners!!

In the Kitteh Princess category, my Kitty is the clear winner:

And that's the news, weather and uh... in sports, our Bombers are practicing hard for Saturday's home game against the best team in the CFL right now, Montreal. Go Blue!

There, now I'm done. I really must clean my house today.

Have a good day all,
CFM





No comments:

Post a Comment