Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday Evening (means work tomorrow :-(

Good evening, football fans. Well, we had a full day...got our chores done by noon and Baby S came over at 1 this afternoon. We played outside and inside, and she sure did enjoy her new chalkboard easel (when she's older, we can put up paper and buy her crayons). She has a 'Magnadoodle' at home and just loves it. Anyway, she even knew how to use the brush...Smart Girl! Here are some of her "sketchings":





She picked quite a few flowers for Granny and Grandpa...I don't mind b/c they're annuals and the flowers will come back. There's plenty to go around:


She had a great, long nap (long for her) for 1.5 hrs. which gave me time to weed and water all the flowers.


Frolicking with Sheila:

I don't know what happened w/this pic, just go with it


Climbing Granny's lawn chair:

I just luv this pic of her


Anyway, this year's deck theme is 'Flamingos and Palm Trees'. Why? Because I love Flamingos and Palm Trees!!! I even bought a blow-up Palm Tree drink cooler (like a kid's pool) but haven't used it yet, due to the 'rainy season' that seems to have passed (now, at the end of summer). Mebbe next wknd...oh, there's a warning on the box "will not float when filled with drinks" or words to that effect. Thanks for that.

Anywho, it all started with this windchime two years ago, from the Bargain Shop for about 8 bucks:





Then I got this sign from the Gimli Dollar Store:



Oh, and here's my beautiful flower basket:



I got this crazy, bamboo-skirted Flamingo at Gordman's in Grand Forks (she even has boobies):



This Tiki Hut windchime I bought as one of my birthday gifts (from a gift card) from my girl & her hubby:



I love my deck this year...and my flowers all did great. I love the color scheme & think I'll go with it again next year. Yes, I am tooting my own horn dammit, cuz no one else will!

These are the lovely mini-roses from hubby this Mother's Day:


Here's a Welcome planter my girl & her hubby gave me for Mother's Day...it's bilingual and so when the French couple were over 2 wks ago, of course I turned it over to say Bienvenue...


These flowers and things I started in June & were quite small...it took them a long time but they finally look 'mature':


And there you have it...today was a Grand Day. Granddaughter, Grand flowers (yes, I do say so myself) and Grand palm trees & flamingos.

It may be time to go have a beer and ponder the hell that will be awaiting me at work tomorrow. Oh and not to mention wheeling & dealing with Bob & Doug...no, Bob and David. Cars...a necessary evil. Pray for me!

CFM

1 comment: